Friday, December 26, 2008

hot music




Felices Fiestas pa' todos! 

A friend reminded me the other day of a very hot classic salsa mix  (right click save as for DL ) I did on vinyl back in early 2005 when I was living in the Frisco Bay.  I copped all the records for this mix ( and about 200 more ) from "La Esquina de La Musica", a garage like room in a rustic and run down part of downtown Medellin Colombia (pictured arriba).  What I came up on this day was what appeared to be a limitless and timeless collection of Latin and Colombian music.  With the help of the owner and Maestro DJ Don Carlos Ruiz I spent about 4 hours diggin' through singles, compilations and LPs of 70s & 80s era classic record labels like Fuentes Records, Fania Records and Top Hits Recordings amongst others.  

When I got back home to the bay from my trip to Medellin it was winter time and raining very hard so going out and socializing at at night was a very low priority.  During this time I spent my energy on two goals: 1. Snowboard as much as possible and 2. Produce a classic mixed compilation of salsa bangers from my last diggin' trip in Medallo.  The good news is that I exceeded my goals! I rode hard all season with fellow de la calle movement comrade AKillaWon and I recorded a brilliant mix which has been distributed globally via BrokenBeatRadio out of philly.  Nuff Respect to Argo for the love.  Enjoy the mix ! 

De La Calle Movement music downloads and more treats coming soon....

No comments: